G. Piñeiro, L. Pérez, A. Montero; Axencia Galega da Industria Forestal -CIS Madeira, EnergyLab, Fundación Empresa-Universidad Gallega
Biomasa-AP is a trasnational project whose aim is to improve the capacities of R & D centres in the regions of Galicia and Northern Portugal to optimize the exploitation and use of biomass from vine, tree pruning, bushes and kiwi residues.
The project will allow an optimized energy use of biomass, which is not currently being valued, the reduction of waste management costs, better collection systems and the extraction and commercialization of new biofuels.
Biomasa-AP is co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (FEDER) through the Interreg V-A Spain-Portugal Program (POCTEP) 2014-2020.
Nine beneficiaries take part in the project, five of them from Galicia and 4 from Portugal:
– Fundación Centro Tecnolóxico de eficiencia e sostenibilidadeenerxética (EnergyLab), project leader.
– Universidade de Vigo.
– Axencia Galega da Industria Forestal (XERA-CIS Madeira)
– Fundación Empresa-Universidad Gallega (FEUGA)
– Instituto Politécnico de Viana do Castelo (IPVC)
– Instituto de Ciência e InnovaçãoemEngenhariaMecânica e Engenharia Industrial (INEGI)
– Agência de Energia do Cávado (AEC)
– Agência Regional de Energia e Ambiente do Alto Minho (AREA Alto Minho
– Instituto Energético de Galicia (INEGA)
• Characterization of vine, pruning, bushes and kiwi waste.
• Analysis of the main biomass producers.
• Comparative analysis of collection technologies.
• Design and optimization of new solid biofuels and energy technologies.
• Development of a Biomass Cross-Border Network, technical-economic feasibility studies and training.
• Development of new biofuels.
• Increase of the agricultural and forestry companies competitiveness.
• Job creation
• Improvement of the emissions in boilers and stoves efficiency.
• Optimization of gasifiers.
• Use of microcogeneration systems applicable to the domestic area.